Sunday, 18 October 2015

Gallipoli Dead from Western Australia

And now, a word from our sponsor - or rather, a plug for this year's Frederick Bell VC Memorial Lecture, for the RSL WA Branch Inc and the Cottesloe Sub Branch.
Friday 13 November at 6pm at the Cottesloe Civic Centre.
Speaker: Shannon Lovelady
‘Gallipoli Dead from Western Australia: Naming the Lost’
“I will be speaking about all aspects of the Gallipoli Dead From Western Australia project, in which many of you have been involved as contributors and researchers. I will also be speaking about some of the men researched along the way, and some I wrote about afterwards, in my Gallipoli Remembered column for Post Newspapers.”
Shannon – a lively and vibrant speaker, who I have met and worked with on various things to do with local records – says, “In the spirit of Lest We Forget, this is a wonderful way to end the Anzac Centenary. I hope you can make it and look forward to seeing you there.”
No charge; admission by gold coin donation. 6pm start for light refreshments; talk starts at 6.30pm. 
(I gave last year’s lecture on Martin O’Meara VC.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.