Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Unelected Foreign Minister's Wife Spends $120K in 6 Months

It's been a busy week at the trough. Here's Bob Carr defending the expenditure chalked up by having his wife Helena accompany him everywhere:

"I am proud that Helena has accompanied me on every trip I've done, because while I am talking to the Foreign Minister she is inspecting aid projects or talking to groups of women ... I think it is very, very good that Helena has been there with me. She's done meetings, she's inspected aid projects ... in China she had her own program and she's made a good contribution ... I think every stage in our bid for the UN seat it was an advantage for the Foreign Minister to be accompanied by a wife who was born in Malaysia of Indian and Chinese parents," he said.
 
Oh. Well, that's all right then.
 
It's nice, isn't it, that our unelected Foreign Minister has an equally unelected wife who is allowed to travel at taxpayers' expense to work on 'her program' in China and inspect aid projects elsewhere.
 
And I especially like the last bit, which sounded both sexist AND racist, but I daresay no-one else has noticed.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.